08 March 2011

I make faces

A promise is a promise (this one was made on Facebook), so here are a bunch of photos of me attempting to replicate meme faces:


As you can see I took these alone in my room in the middle of the night with a squad of Stormtrooper action figures in the background, and yet I failed to include the "Forever Alone" face. Maybe I'll do another batch one of these days, in which case I'll be sure to include it.


So before the break was the "Y U NO?" guy, and here we have everyone's favorite, the original Rage Guy. I'm actually rather disappointed with my showing here, but eventually you get to a point where your face just hurts. Maybe I'll try again some time.


I don't know why I even bothered trying this one--I'll never be as much of a badass as this little kid.

The LOL face is one of the stupidest fucking faces out there, but I love it. Because it's one of the stupidest fucking faces out there. Clearly one of my biggest disadvantages in this whole endeavor is that I can't turn my eyes in opposite directions.

I of course had to give the Troll face a try, but I don't have a freakishly large mouth, so there we are.


I had actually never seen this one before, but decided to give it a shot anyway. Unfortunately my lips twist in the opposite direction.

The "Raisins!" guy is another one of my favorites. The details of the face aren't particularly close, but I think I captured the mood well enough.

Okay, that's all of them for now. I think I've successfully ensured that women will continue to leave me alone. Huzzah!

(If you're curious, I took these all on the camera in my phone, so I couldn't see them until after they were taken. I just did my best to approximate the face blindly, then tried out a bunch of different corrections after seeing the results. As mentioned, some of them I think I could do better with, but eventually your face just hurts and the booze wears off and you have to give up.)

2 comments:

  1. Seriously ... how long before you are this guy? http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/weird-guy-with-guns.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heartily approve of the Raisins! face, far better than I imagined possible to recreate without hours of practice (which hopefully isn't the case...)

    The Troll face does a good job replicating the actual face, but I feel misses the essence of the juvenile euphoria of trolling for some reason: it needs to look more stupidly self-content, smug, and incredibly douchey.

    Overall, I give it an arbitrary B+. Keep up the "good" "work".

    ReplyDelete