04 December 2011

Spread the infection!

This one's been around for a bit, but I just came across it again and decided to share it here. The good stuff's after the jump!




I've noticed it's remarkably similar to this comic from the Perry Bible Fellowship:


I saw the PBF one before the other, but I couldn't tell you which came first. I don't think it really matters, though. They both do the joke well in their own way, the long one with its pleasant idiocy, and the PBF one with its lovely conciseness. And I've gotta say, despite my undying love for PBF, I think I prefer the first one. Mars with the rage face is just too fantastic. :D

And while both comics portray humanity as a disease and its spread as a negative thing, I'm all for spreading ourselves beyond Earth. Ultimately I'd like to see us terraform Mars to use as a second home. My hope is that if we have another planet on which to live, maybe we won't feel the need to populate this one to the point that all other life is crushed beneath us. It's probably naïve of me, but hey, I guess I'm not a total cynic.

For a supporter of space exploration far more compelling than myself, check out this video of Neil deGrasse Tyson as interviewed by Stephen Colbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment